Workshop on “WebCrow Project”
First Workshop about WebCrow Benchmark in TAILOR.
Organized by CINI and Expert.ai.
FEB 24th, 2023 – 10:00-12:00
Teams Conference Room: Teams Link
WebCrow is an AI software developed to solve multilingual crossword puzzles using NLP technology. NLP approaches may exploit different sources of knowledge like ontologies, knowledge graphs and the web. Then the system attempts to provide the correct answer for each textual input clue, by means of a sequence of logic and linguistic steps.
The focus of the workshop will be on highlighting some research lines connecting neural-symbolic approaches and crossword puzzle solvers and generators. In particular, we aim at presenting the WebCrow as a candidate for defining a clear benchmark for neural-symbolic systems.
- Discussion on new ideas for improving the Webcrow solver performances by exploiting ontologies, especially in multi-language frameworks.
- Promising directions for the construction and evaluation of new benchmarks for neural-symbolic AI on crossword puzzles.
- Setting up new collaborations to work on open research directions.
- 10:00-10:10 – Welcome and Introduction (Francesco Giannini, Marco Gori, CINI)
- 10:10-10:25 – Introducing WebCrow Project (Marco Ernandes, Expert.ai)
- 10:25-11:00 – Crossword Competition (Giovanni Angelini, Expert.ai)
- 11:00-11:15 – WebCrow Architecture (Andrea Zugarini, Expert.ai)
- 11:15-11:30 – Research Directions (Kamyar Zeinalipour, Unisi, Andrea Zugarini, Expert.ai)
- 11:30-11:45 – WebCrow Benchmark: Tasks and Challenges (Marco Ernandes, Expert.ai)
- 11:45-12:00 – Open Discussion and Feedbacks (Francesco Giannini, Marco Gori, CINI)